Dr. Yentzer graduated Magna Cum Laude from LaSalle University in Philadelphia. He obtained his medical doctorate from Jefferson Medical College, and then completed his residency training in dermatology at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC. While at Wake Forest, Dr. Yentzer completed an additional clinical research fellowship in dermatology, and has successfully published numerous papers.
Dr. Yentzer has won several awards, and has given multiple lectures at national and international dermatology conferences.
After his training, Dr. Yentzer moved to Oregon where he practiced for a few years until he met his wife. The couple then decided to move to the Finger Lakes region, where they intend to live out their years together.
In his free time, Dr. Yentzer enjoys many outdoor activities, including hiking, ultimate frisbee, and swing dancing. Dr. Yentzer also runs a small organic farm with his wife: thirstyfruitfarm.com
Dr. Yentzer’s credentials
Brad Alan Yentzer, MD
|2020 - Present||Finger Lakes Dermatology, Dryden NY
Founder and CEO
|2017 - 2020||Cayuga Medical Associates, Ithaca NY|
|2013 - 2017||The Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis OR|
|Present||American Board of Dermatology Certified
New York Unrestricted Medical License
|2010 - 2013||Resident, Dermatology
Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, NC
|2007 - 2010||Senior Clinical Research Fellow
Center For Dermatology Research, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston Salem, NC
|2006 - 2007||Transitional Year Residency Program
Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Darby, PA
|2002 - 2006||Medical Doctorate
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
|1997 - 2001||Bachelor of Arts in Biology
LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
|2012||DermMentors Resident of Distinction Award|
|2009||American Acne and Rosacea Society Research Grant Recipient|
|2006-07||Chief Resident – Transitional Residency Program|
|2005||Dermatology abroad - Brisbane, Australia|
|2005||American Medical Student Association – Jefferson Committee Member|
|2005||Jefferson Students for Dermatology – Member / Organizer|
|2004||Jefferson Free Online Study Aid – Question writer|
|1998-2001||Graduated Magnum Cum Laude Phi Alpha Beta (LaSalle Biology Club) – President
LaSalle Environmental Workshop & Green Campus Day
|2014 - 2016||The Corvallis Clinic Corvallis, OR
Dr. Yentzer worked on several Phase III clinical trials for psoriasis treatments, including Humira, Stelara and Cosentyx.
|2007 - 2010||Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Winston Salem, NC
Working for the Center for Dermatology Research, Dr. Yentzer conducted health services and health outcomes research. His work focused on adherence to dermatologic treatments, the relationship between efficacy of therapy and adherence, and interventions to increase adherence to treatment regimens.
|2003||Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Yentzer pioneered using zebrafish as a model for studying inhibitors of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) under direction of Dr. Ulrich Rodeck.
|2001 - 2002||Medical Research Institute for Chemical Defense (USAMRID) Aberdeen, MD
Working with Dr. John Schlager, Dr. Yentzer used molecular subtraction libraries to study gene regulation in keratinocytes after exposure to the chemical warfare agents sulfur mustard and VX gas.
|2001||Wistar Institute Philadelphia, PA
-Working in Dr. Meenhard Herlyn’s lab, Dr. Yentzer examined the potential relationship between the regulation of angiogenesis and invasive characteristics of melanoma.
|1999 & 2000||Veterans Affairs Medical Center Coatesville, PA
Working with Dr. Greg Golden, Dr. Yentzer helped conduct molecular genetic studies of cocaine-kindled seizures and anticonvulsant drugs.
- Taheri A, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Focusing and depth of field in photography: application in dermatology practice. Skin Res Technol. 2013 Nov;19(4):394-7
- Akamine KL, Gustafson CJ, Yentzer BA, Edison BL, Green BA, Davis SA, Feldman SR. A double-blind, randomized clinical trial of 20% alpha/poly hydroxy acid cream to reduce scaling of lesions associated with moderate, chronic plaque psoriasis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 Aug;12(8):855-9.
- Ahn CS, Awadalla F, Huang KE, Yentzer B, Dabade TS, Feldman SR. Patterns of vitamin d analog use for the treatment of psoriasis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 Aug;12(8):906-10.
- Koelblinger P, Dabade TS, Gustafson CJ, Davis SA, Yentzer BA, Kiracofe EA, Feldman SR. Skin manifestations of outpatient adverse drug events in the United States: a national analysis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2013 Jul-Aug;17(4):269-75.
- Davis SA, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Acitretin prescribing patterns in women of childbearing potential. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 Jul 1;12(7):799-802
- Yentzer BA, Gustafson CJ, Feldman SR. Explicit and implicit copayments for phototherapy: examining the cost of commuting. Dermatol Online J. 2013 Jun 15;19(6)
- Shah A, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. The Timing of the Return Office Visit Affects Adherence to Topical Treatment in Patients with Atopic Dermatitis: An Analysis of 5 Studies. Cutis 2013 Feb;91(2):105-7
- Shutty BG, West C, Huang KE, Landis E, Dabade T, Browder B, O’Neill J, Kinney MA, Feneran AN, Taylor S, Yentzer B, McCall WV, Fleischer AB Jr, Feldman SR. Sleep disturbances in psoriasis. Dermatol Online J. 2013 Jan 15;19(1):1
- Vogel S, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR, Cordoro KM. Trends in Pediatric Psoriasis Outpatient Healthcare Delivery in the United States. Arch Dermatol. 2012 Jan;148(1):66-71.
- Wilson RL, Yentzer BA, Isom SP, Feldman SR, Fleischer AB, Jr. How Good Are US Dermatologists at Discriminating Skin Cancer? A Number Needed to Treat Analysis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2012 Feb;23(1):65-9.
- Lapolla WJ, Levender MM, Davis SA, Yentzer BA, Williford PM, Feldman SR. Topical antibiotic trends from 1993 to 2007: use of topical antibiotics for non-evidence-based indications. Dermatol Surg. 2011 Oct;37(10):1427-33
- Yentzer BA, Wood AA, Sagransky MJ, O’Neill JL, Clark AR, Williams LL, Feldman SR. An Internet-based survey and improvement of acne treatment outcomes. Arch Dermatol. 2011 Oct;147(10):1223-4.
- Ghasri1 P, Yentzer BA, Dabade TS, Feldman SR. Acitretin for the Treatment of Psoriasis: an Assessment of National Trends. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011 Aug;10(8):873-7.
- Dunn LK, Gaar LR, Yentzer BA, O’Neill JL, Feldman SR. Acitretin in dermatology: a review. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011 Jul 1;10(7):772-82.
- Miller DW, Koch SB, Yentzer BA, Clark AR, O’Neill JR, Fountain J, Weber TM, Fleischer AB Jr. An Over-the-Counter Moisturizer Is as Clinically Effective as, and More Cost-Effective Than, Prescription Barrier Creams in the Treatment of Children With Mild-to-Moderate Atopic Dermatitis: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011 May 1;10(5):531-7.
- Lapolla W, Yentzer BA, Bagel J, Halvorson CR, Feldman SR. A Review of Phototherapy Protocols for Psoriasis Treatment. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Mar 21.
- Yentzer BA, Gosnell AL, Clark AR, Pearce DJ, Balkrishnan R, Camacho FT, Young TA, Fountain JM, Fleischer AB, Colón LE, Johnson LA, Preston N, Feldman SR. A randomized controlled pilot study of strategies to increase adherence in teenagers with Acne vulgaris. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Apr;64(4):793-5.
- Yentzer BA, Camacho FT, Feldman SR. An Open-Label, Single-Center, Evaluator-Blinded, Randomized, Pilot Study on Perceptions of Efficacy, Self-image, and Adherence in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris in Teenagers. Cosmetic Dermatology 2010;23:166-170.
- Skupsky H, Yentzer BA, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Noncompliance with medication therapy: an analysis of nationally representative data. Cosmetic Dermatology 2010; 23(11):511-518..
- Sagransky MJ, Yentzer BA, Williams LL, Clark AR, Taylor SL, Feldman SR. A randomized controlled trial of an extra office visit intervention to promote better adherence and outcomes in atopic dermatitis. Arch Dermatol. 2010 Dec;146(12):1428-30.
- Rajpara AN, O’Neill JL, Nolan BV, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Review of home phototherapy. Dermatol Online J. 2010 Dec 15;16(12):2.
- Yentzer BA, Fleischer AB. Changes in Rosacea Comorbities and Treatment Utilization Over Time. J Drugs Dermatol. 2010 Nov;9(11):1402-6.
- Yentzer BA, Ade RA, Fountain JM, Clark AR, Taylor SL, Borgerding E, Feldman SR. Improvement in treatment adherence with a 3-day course of fluocinonide cream 0.1% for atopic dermatitis. Cutis 2010. Oct;86(4):208-13.
- Mudigonda T, Pearce DJ, Yentzer BA, Williford P, Feldman SR. The Economic Impact of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer: a Review. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2010 Aug;8(8):888-96.
- Yentzer BA, Ade RA, Fountain JM, Clark AR, Taylor SL, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Simplifying regimens promotes greater adherence and outcomes with topical acne medications: a randomized controlled trial. Cutis 2010 Aug;86(2):103-8.
- Yentzer BA, Hick J, Reese EL, Uhas A, Feldman SR, Balkrishnan R. Acne Vulgaris: A Descriptive Epidemiological and Treatment Overview. Cutis. 2010 Aug;86(2):94-9.
- Yentzer BA, Baldwin H, Shalita AR, Webster G, Feldman SR. Optimizing Patient Adherence: Update on Combination Acne Therapy Teens and Beyond. J Drugs Dermatol. 2010, June Suppl.
- Yentzer BA, Fledman SR. Trends in Home Phototherapy Adoption in the U.S.: Monetary Disincentives are Only the Tip of the Iceberg. J Dermatolog Treat. 2010 Jun 5.
- Hantirah SA, Yentzer BA, Karve SJ, McCallister M, Yarbrough CM, Feldman SR. Estimating the time required for a complete skin examination. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 May;62(5):886-8.
- Greenlaw SM, Yentzer BA, O’Neill JL, Balkrishnan R, Feldman SR. Assessing Adherence to Dermatology Treatments: A Review of Available Self-report Measures. Skin Res Technol. 2010 May;16(2):253-8
- Kinney MA, Yentzer BA, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Trends in the treatment of acne vulgaris: Are measures being taken to avoid antimicrobial resistance? J Drugs Dermatol 2010 May;9(5):519-24.
- Yentzer BA, Camacho FT, Young T, Fountain JM, Feldman SR. Good Adherence and Early Efficacy Using Desonide Hydrogel for Atopic Dermatitis: Results From a Program Addressing Patient Compliance. J Drugs Dermatol 2010 Apr;9(4):324-9.
- Miller J, Yentzer BA, Clark A, Jorizzo JL, Feldman SR. Pyoderma Gangrenosum: a Review and Update on New Therapies. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Apr;62(4):646-54
- Nolan BV, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Acitretin and non-office phototherapy in the treatment of psoriasis. Cosmetic Dermatology. March, 2010.
- Uhlenhake E, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Acne Vulgaris and Depression: A Retrospective Examination. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010 Mar;9(1):59-63.
- Nolan BV, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. A Review of Home Phototherapy for Psoriasis. Dermatol Online J. 2010 Feb 15;16(2):1.
- Yentzer BA, Hick J, Williams L, Inabinet R, Wilson R, Camacho FT, Russell GB, Feldman SR. Adherence to 0.5% 5-Fluorouracil Cream in the Treatment of Actinic Keratoses. Arch Dermatol. 2009 Feb;145(2):203-5.
- Yentzer BA, Jorizzo JL, Greer KE, Callen JP. Miscellaneous Disorders with Prominent Features Involving the Skin and the Joints. In: Callen and Jorizzo, eds. Dermatological Signs of Internal Disease, 4th Edition. Elsevier; 2009. p. 39-51.
- Wilson R, Camacho F, Clark AR, Young T, Inabinet R, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Adherence to topical hydrocortisone 17-butyrate 0.1% in different vehicles in adults with atopic dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol 2009;60:166-8.
- Strowd LC, Yentzer BA, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Increasing use of more potent treatments for psoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009. Mar;60(3):478-81.
- Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Tanning beds as an alternative for psoriasis when office-based phototherapy is not accessible. J Dermatolog Treat. 2009;20(4):238-40.
- Yarbrough C, Yentzer BA, Yelverton CB, Feldman SR. Continued Use of Home Narrowband UVB Therapy for Psoriasis after Completion of a Clinical Trial. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009 May;60(5):877-9.
- Yentzer BA, Alikhan A, Teuschler H, Williams LL, Tusa M, Fleischer AB, Kaur M, Balkrishnan R, Feldman SR. An Exploratory Study of Adherence to Topical Benzoyl Peroxide in Patients with Acne Vulgaris. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009 May;60(5):879-80.
- McClain R, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Keratolytics for psoriasis: Are they necessary? Dermatol Online J. 2009 Jan 15;15(1):11.
- Warner J, Bhosle M, Balkrishnan R, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Using “number needed to treat” to help conceptualize the magnitude of benefit and risk of TNFα inhibitors for patients with severe psoriasis. Br J Dermatol. 2009 Sep;161(3):605-16.
- Irby CE, Yentzer BA, Vallejos QM, Arcury TA, Quandt SA, Feldman SR. The prevalence and possible causes of contact dermatitis in farmworkers. Int J Dermatol. 2009 Nov;48(11):1166-70.
- Sigmon JR, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Calcitriol ointment: a review of a topical vitamin D analog for psoriasis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2009;20(4):208-12.
- Fakhouri T, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Advancement in Benzoyl Peroxide-based Acne Treatment: Methods to Increase Both Efficacy and Tolerability. J Drugs Dermatol 2009. Jul;8(7):657-61.
- Kosari P, Alikhan A, Yentzer BA, Lynch PJ. The Role of Family Practitioners in Skin Care. Skin & Aging 2009
- Yentzer BA, Yelverton CB, Simpson GL, Simpson JF, Hwang W, Balkrishnan R, Feldman SR. Paradoxical effects of cost reduction measures in managed care systems for treatment of severe psoriasis. Dermatol Online J. 2009 Apr; 15(4):1.
- Yentzer BA, Miller LM, Balkrishnan R, Camacho FT, Fleischer AB, Jr., Feldman SR. Utilization of Topical Anesthetics by Dermatologists in the U.S. J Cosmet Dermatol 2009; 22(3):238-243.
- Feldman SR, Yentzer BA. The use of topical clobetasol propionate in the treatment of psoriasis. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2009; 10(6): 397-406.
- Yentzer BA, McClain RW, Feldman SR. Do Topical Retinoids Cause Acne to “Flare”? J Drugs Dermatol. 2009 Sep;8(9):799-801.
- McClain RW, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Comparison of skin concentrations following topical vs. oral corticosteroid treatment: revisiting paradigms in the treatment of common inflammatory dermatoses. J Drugs Dermatol 2009. Dec;8(12):1076-9.
- Chain RL, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. The Shared Decision Model: Who Should Decide What is the Best Medical Treatment? Psoriasis Forum. Winter 2009.
- Sagransky M, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. Benzoyl Peroxide: A Review of its Current Use in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009 Oct;10(15):2555-62.
- Kinney MA, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. IL-12/23 inhibitors and their potential benefits and risks for psoriasis patients. Psoriasis Forum 2009.
- Yentzer BA, Irby CE, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Differences in acne treatment prescribing patterns of pediatricians and dermatologists: An analysis of nationally representative data. Pediatr Dermatol 2008;25:635-9.
- Yentzer BA, Wilson R, Kaur M, Clark A, Young T, Williams L, Feldman SR, Williford PM, Pichardo R. Treatment of Postcryosurgery Wounds With a Trolamine/Sodium Alginate Topical Emulsion Versus Standard of Care. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008 May; 7(5 Suppl):s3-5
- Yentzer BA, Loyd A, Jorizzo JL. Adapalene 0.3%: A novel topical retinoid formulation for acne vulgaris. Expert Rev. Dermatol. 2008; 3(2): 161-165.
- Yentzer BA, Yelverton CB, Pearce DJ, et al. Adherence to acitretin and home narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy in patients with psoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008 Oct;59(4):577-81.
- Yelverton CB, Yentzer BA, Clark A, et al. Home Narrow Band UVB Phototherapy in Combination with Low Dose Acitretin in Patients with Moderate to Severe Psoriasis. Arch Dermatol. 2008 Sep;144(9):1224-5.
- Jayawant SS, Feldman SR, Camacho FT, Yentzer B, Balkrishnan R. Prescription refills and healthcare costs associated with topical metronidazole in Medicaid enrolled patients with rosacea. J Dermatolog Treat. 2008;19(5):267-73.
- Yentzer BA, Yelverton CB, Pearce DJ, Camacho FT, Clark A, Boles A et al. Improving patients’ adherence to topical dermatologic treatments. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2008;128:397
- Yentzer BA. What’s Hot in Dermatology: Highlights from the American Academy of Dermatology 2007 Summer Academy Meeting. The Investigational Drugs Database of Thomson Scientific, London, England.
- Irby CE, Yentzer BA, Feldman SR. A Review of Adapalene in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris. J Adolesc Health. 2008 Nov;43(5):421-4.
- Thomas K, Yelverton CB, Yentzer BA, Balkrishnan R, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. The cost-effectiveness of rosacea treatments. J Dermatolog Treat. 2008 Aug 21:1-4.
- Karve SJ, Feldman SR, Yentzer BA, Pearce DJ, Balkrishnan R. Imiquimod: a review of basal cell carcinoma treatments. J Drugs Dermatol 2008;7:1044-51.
- Awadalla FC, Yentzer B, Balkrishnan R, Feldman SR. A role for denial in poor adherence to psoriasis treatment. J Dermatolog Treat. 2007; 18(6):324-5.
- McAleer MF, Davidson C, Davidson WR, Yentzer B, Farber SA, Rodeck U, Dicker AP. Novel use of zebrafish as a vertebrate model to screen radiation protectors and sensitizers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005 Jan; 61(1):10-13
Dr. Yentzer is a strong advocate for protecting our environment. In an effort to reduce his carbon footprint, the new Finger Lakes Dermatology building has been designed to achieve a net zero energy consumption. This is accomplished through a combination of high efficiency HVAC, superior insulation, and a SunPower solar array. To encourage his patients to drive electric cars, Dr. Yentzer has also installed a level 2 EV charger in his parking lot. We all must do our part to help preserve this planet for the next generation!
Medical students and
Dr. Yentzer believes in passing on his knowledge of dermatology to the next generation. As such, you will frequently see students shadowing him in clinic. While you have every right as a patient to ask to be seen without a student or other physician present, we hope that you see the value of training. Most of our patients actually tell us that they too learn a great deal about their condition just by listening to Dr. Yentzer teach his students.